Every Mother Counts is running the 2019 Big Sur Race to raise awareness and funds to support maternal health around the world. Hundreds of thousands of women die during pregnancy and childbirth each year. That's 800 women every day. The good news is that up to 98% of these deaths can be prevented. Every Mother Counts is a non-profit organization dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother. We run because often distance is the biggest barrier to a woman and her family getting the care they need. Simply put, we want to run so that others don't have to...And now, we're hoping you will lend your support no matter how big or small.
Here are some ways you can get involved.
1. JOIN THE TEAM to become a runner and fundraiser yourself to help us raise the much-needed funds and spread the word about this cause. We have 3 different distance options:
- full marathon: fundrasiing minimum comittment $2,000
- 11-miler: fundraising committment $1,500
- 4-person relay team: fundraising committment $1,000 per runner
If you do already have a spot, the fundraising minimum is $750
When you create your CrowdRise page, you will officially be part of our Big Sur Race Team and are comitting to raising the minimum funds regardless if you are able to run or not.
2. DONATE to contribute what you can on behalf of one of our Every Mother Counts’ Runners.