PURPOSE (OUR WHY): To enrich our community through the art and business of film.
MISSION (OUR HOW): By convening and empowering individuals, organizations and businesses in the spirit of collaboration.
VISION (OUR WHAT): So that Columbus is recognized as a top city for film education, exhibition and production and film is recognized as an art form that has a measurable impact on the economy, individuals and community.
The Greater Columbus Film Commission strives to create sustainable jobs and grow the film industry in Columbus and central Ohio.
1) Create a unifying vision that positions Columbus as a leader in film exhibition, production and education to inform strategy and accompanying tactics for the next 5 years.
2) Rally city stakeholders (film organizations, community, government, funding partners etc.) behind a shared direction for the benefit of all stakeholders of the story.
3) Position film as a recognized art form in Columbus.
To achieve our goals
1) We need to understand the needs of all stakeholders in the ecosystem we operate
2) We need to understand the path of greatest opportunity.
3) We need to understand where our core competencies and skills lie.
4) With this information, we can create a plan that elevates Columbus to become a leader in film education, film exhibition and film production.