200+ years to wait for gender equality is no joke.
This year, on August 26, 2020, we celebrate the 100th anniversary that marks women's equal rights to vote and the opportunity to be seen and to be heard as first class citizens. We must mention that women of color continued to face barriers to voting for decades.
Today, with the current rate of change, the gender gap in economic participation and opportunity won't close for another 257 years, up from 208 years in last year's estimate, according to the World Economic Forum's Global Gender Gap Report. We are going backwards. Equality doesn't just happen, we need to invest in our Women’s Future. We need to be agents of change. More than ever, this year marks the importance of expressing our voice and starting our own movement.
Solution: Let's change the status quo, and the representation of diverse women in the workplace!
Women of Middle East and North Africa in Tech (WoMENAIT) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to close the diversity and gender gap in STEM by connecting, mentoring, educating and elevating Middle Eastern and North African women in STEM globally. We want our women and girls around the world to thrive in the fields of technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship despite conventional beliefs, societal pressures, or inequality challenges.
How will your donation elevate Women of MENA efforts for equality?
* Your donation will help us launch our City Programs in 10 more cities in the US, Europe, and the Middle East. These programs will connect, elevate, and advance the women in STEM in our communities. Our vision is to be in 100 cities around the world by 2025.
* Your donation will help us launch NextGEN University. This is a skills building program, designed for young women between the age of 17-20. These young women in STEM will spend 2 weeks at the hosted venue, learning, developing, and pitching their final team products that aim to solve community and/or global problems. We want to provide educational opportunities for at least 2000 young women by 2025.
YOU can be an agent of change today through the following actions:
1) Help us reach our fundraising goal by making a donation today! Invest in yourself, mothers, sisters, daughters and friends. Every small act matters.
2) Share this GoFundMe awareness and fundraising campaign link with your professional network, your friends and family via email, text, or good old phone call! Ask them to invest in women’s advancement and leadership in STEM by even making a small donation and spreading the word.
3) Share this post on your social media pages (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)! Advocate for the values we share and stand for.
Be part of the movement by raising $100K for the 100th anniversary of Women's Equality Day.
Diversity and equality is everyone’s responsibility. Take action today for the future of equal rights!
Your rights. Your legacy. Your community.
Join the movement!
Learn More and Connect with us!
External Educational Video:
Here is a video by Equality Can't Wait Campaign to learn more about this problem. WoMENAIT and this fundraising campaign is not affiliated with Equality Can't Wait.