20 DAYS IN 2020 CHALLENGE
Hi, Harriet Partridge here. I have chosen to attempt 20 half marathons in 20 days to support Positive Tracks, an organization that empowers ages 12-25 to change the world using the power of athletics. They call it "Sweating For Good".
For me, the multiplier effect here is clear. I think it's so important to inspire young people to take part in leading change and supporting causes early on, and if that also means encouraging physical activity, then it's all the better!
WAYS YOU CAN JOIN ME
1. My challenge to you is simple: I've chosen to do 20 1/2 marathons, but you can choose any activity that you'll do every day, for 20 days beginning August 9th. Or, start any day that works for you. The amazing Nini Meyer (CEO & Founder of Positive Tracks) is doing the challenge with me, and you can, too.
2. Invite Friends: Encourage others to get active with you since the start day is flexible!
3. Join the 20 x in 20 Days Strava club here so we can track our collective miles (optional).
4. Please donate what you can to support Positive Tracks.
5. Fun finish: we'll be planning a fun social event (socially distanced, of course) on the last day of this attempt - sign up to keep in the loop!
SHARE YOUR SWEAT
Share your action on social media to help spread the word and raise awareness.
Tag Positive Tracks @postracks on Instagram or here on Facebook.
Use the hashtags #20daysin2020 and #positivetracks
ABOUT POSITIVE TRACKS
Positive Tracks, a national charity based in Hanover, NH, empowers youth to change the world using the power of athletics. Through Positive Tracks, our youngest generation is addressing society's greatest challenges by educating and mobilizing their communities through physical activity (walks, runs, bikes, hikes, fitness challenges). Even through pandemic, these incredible youth-led efforts are supporting racial injustice initiatives and the Black Lives Matter movement, COVID relief and response funds, hunger, mental health and other important causes and non-profits.
2020 has been a challenging year so far, let's finish it off with a personal challenge for a good cause!