BENEFITING: K9S FOR WARRIORS
ORGANIZER: Animal Fair
EVENT DATE: Sep 30, 2013
Support warriors and their K9s!
K9s for Warriors rescues dogs from shelters prior to being euthanized and trains them to be service dogs for veterans with PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury.
K9's for Warriors' mission is to pair dogs rescued from shelters with warriors needing a service dog to return to society with dignity and independence.
We hope you can donate $10.00, $100.00 or what ever amount you can afford.
94% of every dollar will help a Veteran with PTSD receive a service dog from K9s For Warriors. It costs approximately $10,000 to graduate one veteran/canine team from the time the dog is accepted into training.
94% of your contribution will go directly to:
• Rescuing dogs from euthanization
• Providing vaccination and any necessary medical attention the dogs need
• Transporting the dog to the K9 for Warriors facility in Florida
• Training the dog to be a service dog with CGC (Canine Good Citizen) standards
• Pairing the deserving veteran to a new service dog
• 3 weeks of paid housing, boarding and training for the new pair to create a trusting bond and confidence in their support of each other.
Service dogs are a natural cure for PTSD!
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a very real epidemic amongst veterans.
• PTSD affects up to 30 percent of all soldiers
• 184 new cases are diagnosed every single day.
• According to the Department of Veterans Affairs, one soldier commits suicide every 65 minutes.
• 56% of dogs in shelters are euthanized.
Studies show dogs can be very therapeutic in the treatment of PTSD and other military-related stresses.
For people in the NY Area,
Wendy Diamond will host the BARK BREAKFAST 10 City Media Tour, which will feature her hilarious new book, How To Train Your Boss To Roll Over. This brand new instructional manual will promote a positive work environment and explain how to work towards making a societal difference by raising awareness and funds for the K9′s For Warrior Program/Rescue. Business leaders, celebrities, media personalities, and entrepreneurs that attend the breakfast event will celebrate our wounded veterans and rally to raise awareness and donations for our American heroes who have sacrificed selflessly for our country. Dogs are welcome to breakfast treats, too! You will also get to meet the veteran and the dog who will benefit from your generous donations!
Bark Breakfast Benefit Tour in New York, NY - September 30, 2013
Omni Berkshire 21 E 52nd St, New York, NY 10022