The National Employment Law Project is ready for 2016. With major Supreme Court cases pending and elections looming, we know there’s potential for peril. But we also know there’s a need to illuminate what’s wrong with the economy, and an opportunity to advance reforms that improve workers’ lives.
With your support, NELP will fight for reforms that put workers and families first. We'll keep on fighting to . . .
1. Raise wages around the country, and make sure those rights are enforced;
2. Expand work opportunities for the formerly incarcerated and people with records—a key part of criminal justice reform;
3. Strengthen the safety net for unemployed workers, and restore all workers' right to organize and bargain collectively;
4. Ensure safe and healthy workplaces free of discrimination; and
5. Demand the right to essential benefits for all workers, regardless of how their employers classify them or the economic sector they work in—new, old, service, industrial, on-demand, or otherwise.
We know you receive lots of requests this time of year, and you have to make tough choices about whom to support. We appreciate all you do for NELP, and we’re grateful for any support you can lend.
We’re fired up and raring to go—and we hope you’ll support us in this fight.