BENEFITING: Direct Relief
EVENT DATE: Apr 15, 2017
For my 35th birthday, I am fundraising for Direct Relief, which was given a perfect score by Charity Navigator. For every person that donates to this wonderful organization, I will match your donation.
- 13.5 million people in Syria need humanitarian assistance due to a violent war that began in 2011.
- 5 million Syrians are refugees, and 6.3 million are displaced within Syria; half of those affected are children.
- Children affected by the Syrian refugee crisis are at risk of becoming ill, malnourished, abused, or exploited. Millions have been forced to quit school. View these photos to see life through the eyes of Syrian refugee children.
- Most Syrian refugees remain in the Middle East, in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, and Egypt; slightly more than 10 percent of the refugees have fled to Europe.
- Peace negotiations continue despite an inconsistent ceasefire.