Help me bring home the bacon for CAAAV!!
CAAAV builds the leadership of low-income immigrant and refugee Asian communities to fight for institutional change towards racial, gender, and economic justice. Our work this year includes:
- fighting alongside evicted 81 Bowery tenants for the right to return to their homes;
- gearing up to do major community outreach for a Chinatown rezoning that prioritizes the needs of the community;
- leading Know Your Rights trainings and screenings of our youth-produced documentary for over 100 youth around the city;
- speaking out against police violence through the city-wide campaign Communities United for Police Reform and People's Justice coalition;
- and continuing to build on our Hurricane Sandy work through our advocacy in the Alliance for a Just Rebuilding.