- Every 2 minutes a child is sold into sex slavery
- 300,000 American children are sex trafficked each year (commercial sexual exploitation --including prostitution or pornography)
- 1% of these child victims are rescued each year
- Less than 100 beds are available in the US to provide rescue, restoration and reintegration for child sex trafficking victims.
- Without a safe place to go, 80% of rescued children end up back in their traffickerâ€™s hands
The average age a victim of sex trafficking first gets violated in the commercial sex trade is 12-14 years old. Their stories are important, but they are more then what was done to them. Help them build the future they deserve.
At Mission 21, our mission is to provide resources and restoration services to child victims of sex trafficking. We assist victims of sexual exploitation so that they will be restored mentally and spiritually and re-enter society as survivors.
Our Vision is to turn every victim of sex trafficking into a survivor.
We do this by:
- Giving our clients access to a network of service providers who will meet their medical, legal, and social needs.
- Restoring victims spiritually through prayer and worship, art, music, writing, and sport in a safe and loving environment.
- Empowering survivors and other advocates to end modern-day slavery by raising awareness so our services will no longer be needed.