More than 1.9 million people in Illinois are facing hunger. At Meyer Capel, we feel something needs to be done about this problem, so we have teamed up with Busey Bank and several great local businesses to compete in the Illinois State Bar Association’s Lawyers Feeding Illinois campaign.
Lawyers Feeding Illinois is a state-wide campaign to raise funds and food for food banks throughout the state with all donations generated by Meyer Capel staying in our community with the Eastern Illinois Food Bank. Look for food donation boxes at our law office, select Busey Bank and Monical's Pizza locations in Champaign-Urbana, and other great local businesses from February 18 through March 1, 2013.
If you are interested in making a monetary donation, or in having your business participate in this event, please contact Anna Benjamin at email@example.com or contribute online. And because of a generous lead gift from Attorneys' Title Guaranty Fund (ATG), 100% of all processing fees for online donations up to $200,000 and a significant portion of other campaign-related expenses have been paid so all donations will benefit the needy.
Anyone may donate at any time to help us reach our ambitious goal. Spread the word far and wide!
How it works: Lawyers Feeding Illinois Begins February 18th, 2013 and ends March 1st, 2013. Teams of lawyers, firms, law schools, and other legal organizations will compete for points by collecting monetary and food donations during the campaign. At the end of the campaign, winners will be declared in several award categories.
Here how points will be awarded: (Learn more about why we award points this way.)
- 1 point is given for every pound of food collected.
- 5 points are given for every dollar raised.
- 100 points are given if an organization registers by December 17.
- 100 points are given as a onetime bonus if your organization delivers your collected food to yourdesignated drop-off location.
How to get involved: Click REGISTER to sign up for the event. Or, just donate! If you aren't starting a team and wish to make a contribution, click DONATE. You will have the option of designating your gift to a participating team. Check to see if your team has already been registered. If it has, join it! If not, create a new team. When you're finished with the registration process, you'll receive a confirmation email containing the following:
- A link to your unique fundraising page. You can share this link with anyone you like to support your local food bank.
- A link to your Team Toolkit, which includes marketing materials, contact information, comprehensive instructions for collecting and reporting food and fund donations, and other important materials.
Check back here occassionally for an update on our progress toward our goal and to see who else has signed up. In the meantime, recruit your colleagues to join in the fun!