Market Street Mission 5K Race for Recovery
EVENT DATE: Jul 04, 2015
A Legacy for Transformation: For 126 years, Market Street Mission has been providing Meals – Shelter – Hope to the impoverished, homeless, addicted and marginalized in northern New Jersey. Those who are homeless, hungry and sick can find immediate assistance for their physical needs through the Mission’s Emergency Services Program. More than 84% of Emergency Services recipients struggle with substance abuse and choose to become transformed through our Life Change Recovery Program. Since 1889 we have been helping to change the lives of those who come to us with an addiction problem through the Goods News of Jesus Christ. Faith-based counseling, work therapy, classroom instruction and rehabilitation services are designed to provide the essential life skills necessary to empower people to become productive members of the community.
Market Street endeavors to help those who need to:
- Stabilize their lives through access to basic needs Build a foundation for living addiction-free lives
- Have access to educational resources
- Learn new skills to achieve career goals
- Gain self-esteem and essential life skills through group and individual counseling
- Find hope and purpose for each new day
By equipping those less fortunate with the tools they need to overcome poverty and other adversities, we hope to improve the quality of life for families within the community. We believe education is the key to success for children caught in adversity and offer free backpacks (filled with school supplies) to those who register for our Project BackPack Program.
Here are some of the ways we’ll use the funds you raise:
- Provide more than 70, 000 meals to the community
- Provide more than $ 185,000 in Charity to those in need (furniture, clothing, household essentials)
- Provide more than 24,000 nights of shelter to those with nowhere to go.
- Provide 1200 kids with free backpacks and school supplies