1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
1 in 67 will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
Just being a woman puts you at risk.
WHAT BRIGHT PINK IS DOING ABOUT CANCER
Bright Pink is a national nonprofit that empowers young women to reduce their risk of breast and ovarian cancer and detect these diseases early while they’re still treatable. Our free educational programs make prevention and early detection a persistent and positive part of their lives.
THE POWER OF BEING PROACTIVE
At 23, Bright Pink founder Lindsay Avner became the youngest woman at the time to undergo a risk-reducing double mastectomy. With a long family history of breast and ovarian cancer and genetic testing that showed she was herself at high risk, Lindsay vowed to take proactive measures.
During this experience, she was confronted by a lack of resources to help young women take control of their breast and ovarian health. In 2007, she started Bright Pink to educate and inspire women to put awareness in action.
LET'S CHANGE THE ODDS
To date, Bright Pink has helped 210,000+ women identify their cancer risk and empowered them with tools to reduce it. We’ve also taught 4,000 women’s health providers how to best identify and manage risk among their patients, thereby reaching 16 million patients with better breast and ovarian health care.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
The funds you raise help many more women receive life-saving education
- $100 empowers 100 women to assess their personal risk for breast and ovarian cancer.
- $150 trains a women's healthcare provider to give more comprehensive preventative care to 3,600 patients annually.
- $300 empowers 300 individuals to assess their risk of breast and ovarian cancer at AssessYourRisk.org
- $500 funds a Brighten Up Educational Workshop for 100 people at corporations, organizations and other group settings.
- $1000 covers the production and distribution of 1,300 educational materials to doctor's offices nationwide.
By fundraising, you’re helping Bright Pink teach women breast and ovarian cancer prevention and early detection. Every dollar raised helps us save more lives. Simply put, we can’t do it without you!
As a thank you, the top team (of 3) will receive*:
Three, red Starwood Sports foam rollers.
One Brute Force Sandbag for the team OR one Brute Force Belt for each teammate -- your choice!
Remember, since fundraising will count towards 8% of your total score it could make all the difference in a close competition. Give yourself the full advantage by starting your fundraising today.
Plus, Team Fundraising can unlock even more prizes as you reach new levels of impact!***
Team fundraising of $2000+: Three custom wrist wraps. Three ladies tank tops.
Team fundraising of $750: Three ladies tank tops
Team fundraising of $250: Three custom velcro wrist wraps
All prizes are based on team fundraising totals. Each team that achieves the listed fundraising levels will be awarded the prize listed. Prizes for all three team members will be sent in one shipment to the athlete designated as the team captain.
Good luck and thank you for supporting women everywhere through Bright Pink!
* The top team (of 3) receive three Starwood Sports foam rollers during the award ceremony of the event. At that time, they will also receive details for contacting Brute Force to redeem their choice of either one Brute Force Sandbag or three Brute Force Belts at a later date. All prizes pictured are samples. Actual prizes awarded may not be identical.
** We are very thankful for your support of breast and ovarian cancer prevention. In the event of an event cancellation, Bright Pink will be unable to issue refunds for any donations collected.
***Prizes will be awarded based on fundraising levels recorded at 12:00 P.M. Central Time on the Monday following your event. Prizes can take up to four weeks post-event to ship from the vendor.