Since moving to our facility on West Conway Road in Harbor Springs, Michigan, in 2001, Little Traverse Bay Humane Society has sterilized more than 16,000 animals owned by community members and has placed more than 6,000 animals into loving homes. In 2014 alone, Little Traverse Bay Humane Society found homes for over 700 animals, breaking all previous yearly adoption records.
LTBHS has embarked on a Capital Campaign to build a Veterinary Clinic which would allow us to better care for our shelter animals. Another major goal of this clinic would be to help us continue our life-saving programs such as Pit Stop and Spay It Fourward, which provide low-cost spay/neuter services to the community and help to reduce the pet overpopulation. We truly believe that spay/neuter is the answer in helping to reduce the number of unwanted litters that end up in shelters every year, many euthanized due to lack of space. At LTBHS, we give hope to those at risk animals by giving them a chance at a new life and forever home, but we can't do it all, and we need your help.
Our goal is to raise funds for medical equipment for our Veterinary Clinic, specifically surgical and laboratory tools that are essential in spay/neuter procedures. Our goal with this campaign is to raise the total amount needed to fund these items, which comes to $56,000. This would include essential items such as an anesthesia machine, stethoscopes, a microscope, monitors and more. We know that with your help, we can make this happen. Together, we can save lives.
Together, we can do so much:
Below are just a few of the items we need for our Surgical Suite. In total, the cost to outfit our Surgical Suite will be $56,000.
- $6,500 will purchase an Autoclave, which cleans and sterilizes all equipment
- $2,800 will purchase a much-needed anesthesia machine, essential for spay/neuter surgeries
- $1,300 will purchase a vaporizer, which is a necessity for using an anesthesia machine.
- $500 will purchase monitors needed for surgery
- $200 will purchase stethoscopes
- $100 will purchase a mayo stand, which holds all the surgery equipment
- $20 will purchase four trach tubes, a major necessity when an animal is undergoing anesthesia.
A donation of any amount gets us closer to our goal of being able to purchase this equipment for our Veterinary Clinic and ultimately, helping us save more lives. We cannot do this without YOU! Thank you for supporting LTBHS during this exciting time for our organization!