YOU DID IT!
June 21, 2016
WISH LACASA HAPPY BIRTHDAY WITH A GIFT THAT WILL KEEP ON GIVING, YEAR AFTER YEAR!
On May 18, 1981, LACASA was officially "born." What began 35 years ago with four compassionate women - and the $40 in donations they collected - has grown into an agency more than 40 employees strong that provides a wide array of programs and services for survivors of child abuse, domestic violence and sexual assault.
Like LACASA, the community we serve has seen significant growth over the years. Unfortunately, the rate of child abuse and neglect has also grown. Livingston County witnessed a 79% increase in confirmed victims of child abuse in the last seven years alone. Right now, our county is experiencing the highest ever rate of children placed in out-of-home care due to abuse and neglect.
Today, LACASA's child advocacy programs are more crucial than ever before. Your support during the Art Van Charity Challenge will protect the future of the following programs, ensuring that they are available for children who desperately need them:
- CAP (Child Abuse Prevention) Council teaches adults from our community how to prevent, recognize and report child abuse
- CARE (Child Abuse Response Effort) Project provides forensic interviews that decrease trauma to child abuse victims by reducing the number of times they have to tell their story and increasing the rate of prosecution
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) are highly trained volunteers who work with children throughout the court process, providing a steady and trusted presence for young victims until they are placed in safe and loving homes
- Penny the Advocacy Dog helps soothe children during forensic interviews and in the courtroom, making it easier for them to share details of the abuse they have endured
- Individual & Group Counseling help children heal and thrive after trauma
LACASA is thrilled to be participating in the Art Van Charity Challenge which, it just so happens, kicks off our on birthday (thank you, Art Van)! Give a gift from your heart today, and you will help vulnerable children for years to come.
THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING: On-line donations made to LACASA through the Art Van Charity Challenge will go to LACASA's endowment fund to protect our critical programs for children. That means your dollars will grow and provide increasing support, year after year!
On behalf of the children we serve, THANK YOU!