Named in memory of Tim Manchester, ‘Tim’s Corner’ is dedicated to providing:
- Free family planning information
- Affordable and discreet consultations with a trained nurse
- Access to a range of short-acting, long-acting, and reversible family planning methods
So far, with the support of Tim's friends, family, and former colleagues, we have raised over $53,000 to enable us to provide a service that is changing lives and communities.
Based at the CCBRT Disability Hospital and Headquarters in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Tim's Corner is a kiosk and clinic providing advice on how to postpone pregnancies or conceive, and equips clients with contraceptive methods, reducing the number of birth injuries or deaths that result from unplanned pregnancies.
Devastating impairments such as obstetric fistula can be avoided if young women understand how to postpone pregnancy, and maternal and newborn deaths can be prevented if mothers are educated about how to space out their pregnancies.
This holiday season our goal is to raise additional funds to take Tim's legacy even further. As CCBRT expands, Family Planning will remain a vital part of its services. Our overall aim is to:
- Integrate family planning into the CCBRT Disability Hospital services in 2015 so that at least 80% of fistula patients receive family planning services prior to leaving the hospital.
- Expand our reach to include family planning support at 3 district hospitals in Dar Es Salaam
- Integrate family planning services into planned service provision at CCBRT Maternity and Newborn Hospital (due to open in 2016).
We hope that you will stand with us as we further Tim's vision: a Tanzania, and a world, where every pregnancy is wanted.