Paris Marathon 2019 T shirts
April 22, 2019
BENEFITING: American Institute for Cancer Research
EVENT: 2018 Paris Marathon
EVENT DATE: Apr 08, 2018
My two AICR Paris Marathons, 2016 & 2017, have been two of my greatest lifetime experiences and achievements.
-I have raised over $10,000 in support of cancer research and plan to continue my efforts as I take on the Paris Marathon for the third consecutive year.
-Each year it gets bigger and better.
-Please support me as I go the extra mile for cancer research.
Highlights of my 2016 & 2017 Paris Marathons
-receiving such an incredible amount of support and encouragement
-wearing the Paris running singlet and T-shirt with the names to remember cancer victims (of family, friends
-Lighting candles for each cancer victim at Notre Dame
Your donation and support means so much.
-First time or donating again for the second or third time.
-I continue to lose more close friends to cancer. Help fight cancer.
-Any amount would be beneficial, very much appreciated and puts you on my team.
-If you have lost someone to cancer or know someone with cancer....
2018 T-shirt and running singlet
-The T-shirt & Running Singlet (which I will wear during the marathon and throughout Paris during my stay) will include:
-The names of cancer victims (family & friends of donors & supporters) will be on the front of my T-shirt.
-On the back of the T-shirt this year, I will list the names of cancer survivors.
Notre Dame candle lighting
- for each cancer victim for whom I am running this marathon
How to Donate & Support me
1. online (the easiest way) https://www.crowdrise.com/kennyfisher
2. check: If you prefer to write a check, please make it to
* AICR (American Institute for Cancer Research) Special Events Coordinator
* 1560 Wilson Boulevard; Suite 1000; Arlington, VA 22209
****if sending directly to AICR, please indicate for Kenny Fisher (2018 Paris Marathon)
Postive Comments from supporters & donors
Thanks for running Kenny and raising money for cancer research.
-You are an inspiration to me and many!
-You are a very generous person - and so inspiring!!!
- Thank you for doing something that you love for someone that we loved,
for an organization that changes lives for so many that are loved.
- A way to pay it forward.
I think what you are doing is wonderful.
-You really have dedicated your life to a worthwhile cause and we will continue to support your efforts.
I thank you for doing this marathon and lighting a candle for my mother, at the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris.
* She died from the worst kind of lymphoma cancer and suffered greatly.
* It means ot to me that you are doing this and she is not forgotten.
* Our thoughts and prayers with be with you while you are there.
* Thanks again Kenny for giving me a wonderful memory for my mom. Your a beautiful person for doing that.
Yeah Kenny !! So glad to support you and this cause.
Thanks for keeping us involved !! Best of luck to you from your run
You are truly inspirational and creative.
* You are my champion
* Oh Kenny, what a pleasure to see you investing your retirement life so well.
It really is a time to get in touch with the need to enrich your by choosing wisely investing in yourself and simultaneously giving to others.
It was my dad 30 years ago at the age of 63.
* My age now. That is scary!
* Thank you for doing that!
* You are a SPECIAL person!
So excited for you Kenny & so grateful for what you are doing for all of us!
How wonderful that you are doing this all over again!
* Combining your skill and your heart-felt empathy is a beautiful way to live your life.
* We admire your diligence, perseverance, and enthusiasm
-Just the training alone is such a big accomplishment.
You take the sorrow of losing loved ones to cancer by finding a way to provide hope for the future
* and at the same time honor those who we have lost in this life.
* Your commitment is admirable.
* You are a master artist and magician.
* You take the agony and drudgery of marathon training and describe it as fun, uplifting and positive.
* Thank you - keep smiling for us. we are cheering for you.
* Kenny = Resolute and unshakable
Thank you so very much for including my family in your life and love
Thanks for all you have done for this very noble cause! You're the best Kenny!!
* It occurred to me that of all your wonderful diverse careers that this raising funds for cancer research may be your most important one.
* You light the way for many others to follow and model for our young people what it means to contribute unselfishly with no secondary gain for notoriety or fame , only to make a contribution to your fellow beings.
* Thank you Kenny, you are so unselfish and thank you for representing us older folk who no longer have the capacity to run.
AICR salutes Kenny Fisher and his dedication and spirit. Thank you, Kenny, for your contribution to the fight against cancer!
MAKING AN IMPACT
Kenny Fisher ... AICR Runner in Paris Marathon Raises $10,000 for Cancer Research
What Kenny says:
“I am doing something I love for someone you love. I run in memory of those whom you love to be sure they are not forgotten.”
Kenny has run the Paris Marathon for AICR for the past two years and raised over $5,000 each for a total of $10,000 that goes to cancer research.
After completing the 2017 Paris Marathon in France, Kenny went to Notre Dame Cathedral with a cancer survivor. As he lit a candle for each of the 53 people in whose memory he ran, she read their names. A video of the
ceremony was sent to the family and friends who supported his run in memory of those people.
Kenny plans to run again next year. He will once again list the names of loved ones his sponsors lost to cancer on the front of his Paris running shirt. Cancer survivors’ names will be listed on the back.
Originally from North Muskegon, Michigan, Kenny Fisher retired from two careers. First he was an in-flight purser and flight attendant for Trans World Airlines and Pan American World Airways, followed by a career as a middle school
foreign language teacher. He speaks French, German and Spanish. Kenny is an avid run- ner and eats a mostly plant-based diet, occasionally adding fish.
Kenny has run in 171 marathons, including marathons in all 50 states, all the Canadian provinces and territories and most countries in Europe. Without a doubt, Kenny says, the 2016 and 2017 Paris Marathons for AICR are his two favorite marathons. Kenny lost both his mother and his best friend to cancer.
Paris Travel & Arrival
Update 3 avril
$8518 in donations so far.
C’est fantastique et incroyable!
Travel: Easter Sunday & Easter Monday (holiday in France) St. Louis to Chicago to Paris (luxury of American Airlines business/first class across the ocean)
All systems go as the marathon approaches.
Everyone has been so incredibly friendly, hospitable
AA Admirals Club At O’hare Airport
American Airlines flight crew
Absolute Hotel (my Parisian home) and family: Selam, Tim, Muhammed, Sébastien, and Fouad