Each year, JVS assists nearly 30,000 clients with career counseling, case management, workshops, Job Support Groups and the training they need to get back to work and on their way to independence and self-sufficiency. To follow is an example of the impact of your financial support.
• $100 provides a client living in poverty with vouchers for transportation and professional attire, giving him or her the confidence to do well in a job interview and secure a job
• $250 prepares an unemployed career professional with career counseling and job placement support
• $500 helps one at-risk, foster or probation youth stay in school and receive job readiness training
• $2,800 prepares a veteran to transition from the military to the civilian workforce with job training and resouces
• $3,000 provides individuals transitioning off welfare with training to become Certified Nurse Assistants through JVS’ HealthWorksTM program, placing them in a job at a skilled nursing facility
• $4,000 provides a laid off retail cashier with 8 weeks of intensive bank teller training through JVS’ BankWork$TM program, placing him or her in a job with one of our banking partners
• $5,000 provides a severely disabled client with one-on-one career counseling, comprehensive vocational evaluation and job search support to find employment perfectly suited to his or her skills
The 31 day long “July for Jobs” challenge has been created to fill a critical and immediate funding need within the organization. JVS has been experiencing an overwhelming demand for our services and programs. To date, JVS has never had to turn anyone away who seeks our help – and with your support we never will!
Together we can reach this goal but we need your help. Your donation to JVS, no matter the size, will be matched dollar-per-dollar, up to $50,000. There are several ways you can help.
• Donate today - your gift to JVS will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $50,000
• Create your own fundraising team and invite your friends and colleagues to join your efforts. You can create your own team in 3 easy steps, but if you need assistance, JVS staff is standing by to assist you.
• Help us spread the word about this great opportunity with your friends and colleague through social media [links for facebook, twitter, google, etc.]
If you have any questions about this challenge, or prefer to make a gift over the phone, please contact the following JVS team members:
JVS Los Angeles offers hope and opportunity to our diverse community through job training, mentoring and education, combined with expert career guidance and employer partnerships, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and independence.
Give with confidence. For the seventh consecutive year, JVS Los Angeles has received a 4-Star ranking from Charity Navigator, the leading charity rating organization in the country. Only 2% of the nonprofits Charity Navigator evaluated have earned this prestigious recognition for seven consecutive years.