Jersey Cares Day 2015
EVENT DATE: May 02, 2015
About the 17th Annual Jersey Cares Day
Jersey Cares Day is a day of true partnership and community building as 2,500 volunteers from all over New Jersey unite for the common goal of revitalizing and beautifying communities in New Jersey. Jersey Cares Day is also a fundraiser to support the important work of Jersey Cares all throughout the year. Like a walk-a-thon, Jersey Cares Day volunteers raise pledges for the time they are contributing, making the event an inspiring way to build stronger communities and help continue that work all year round.
Jersey Cares Day will be held on Saturday, May 2, 2015
- All volunteers will report directly to their sites for registration
- Project times and site size vary and are posted online
- Volunteers should wear clothes they feel comfortable getting dirty
- All projects will be held rain or shine, please check the Jersey Cares Day website in the event of inclement weather
- Volunteers ages 4+ are welcome to participate at select sites. Sites have varying age limits. Please check before registering. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a youth waiver signed by their parent or guardian in order to participate.
Volunteers are needed for the following activities:
- Painting inspirational murals (murals will be sketched in advance) and brightening walls with fresh coats of paint
- Transforming urban school playgrounds with line games and interactive maps of the United States
- Performing general landscaping to public parks and beaches
- Organizing clothing and food donations
Note: This is a sampling of projects throughout the state. All projects will not occur at all sites. For a complete list of projects available, please visit www.jerseycares.org
Spread the Word
We encourage you to share your Jersey Care Day experience, photos and involvement via social media by using our Twitter handle: @JerseyCares and hashtag #JCD2015. You may also post updates on your Facebook page.