North Country Conservancy Inc via Crowdrise
March 17, 2011
BENEFITING: North Country Conservancy Inc
HOURS PLEDGED: 100
Black Canyon Heritage Park needs your help to create a sustainable learning and recreation gateway, providing a welcoming and accessible interpretive trails, displays, and viewing areas for people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. This park is being developed by a coalition of local, state, and federal entities including the Friends of Aqua Fria National Monument, BLM, AZ Game and Fish, National Parks Service, Yavapai County, Black Canyon Historical Society and North Country Conservancy.
We need to contract an expert to help us develop an interpretive plan for this park with a restored riparian area on the Agua Fria River, ponds to raise endangered native fish, the historic Canon School, and a visitor center. An interpretive plan is needed for the cultural, historical, and environments opportunities at the park for the community, visitors, and schools.
To carry out our mission, BHCP will:
1. Restore desert riparian areas and wildlife habitats.
2. Educate visitors about the area’s historical, cultural, recreational, and natural resources.
3. Create native fish habitat and watchable wildlife opportunities.
4. Increase awareness about natural resource agencies and partners
5. Maintain native flora and fauna.
6. Promote water and energy conservation.
7. Provide interpretive trails, Museum, Visitor Center, ramadas, and an amphitheater.