Indego Africa is an innovative 501(c)(3) non-profit social enterprise that lifts women-owned businesses in Rwanda toward sustainable economic independence.
What We Do
- Partner with for-profit artisan cooperatives of socio-economically marginalized women in Rwanda
- Generate income for our artisan partners by selling their jewelery, home decor, and fashion accessories on the global export market
- Educate our artisan partners through job skills training programs in management, entrepreneurship, design, literacy, health, and technology
What We've Done
- Impact: improved financial security, food security, and access to water, schooling, and housing for over 500 women and their over 1,300 dependents
- Collaboration: developed diverse strategic partnerships and business alliances, including with: Anthropologie, DANNIJO, Generation Rwanda, Google, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women initiative, J.Crew, Jonathan Adler, and Polo Ralph Lauren
- Independence: women reclaiming control over their futures and becoming changemakers in their own communities
- Expansion: broadening global access to our economic empowerment model by expanding to countries outside Rwanda
- Scale: multiplying our impact by partnering with 20 new artisan cooperatives by 2020
DONATE to help us...
- CHANGE lives by providing women opportunities to lift themselves out of poverty
- CREATE jobs and sustainable livelihoods by supporting high growth potential artisan enterprises
- CATALYZE economic growth and social progess in communities in Rwanda and beyond