Who needs food anyway.....We all do !
June 13, 2017
BENEFITING: MANNA CONEJO VALLEY FOOD DISTRIBUTION CENTER INC
MANNA CONEJO VALLEY FOOD DISTRIBUTION CENTER INC wrote -
A New Home for Manna
After a thoughtful strategic planning process to consider how best to meet the growing demand for Manna’s services, the Board of Directors announced its exciting decision to move Manna’s operations to a larger facility. Manna is purchasing the Church property at 95 Oakview Drive, just off Thousand Oaks Boulevard, about one mile from Manna’s current home. It is a 3,056 square-foot building on a 13,000 square-foot lot that, after remodel, will allow Manna to create:
• A comfortable and inviting client intake and waiting area.
• On-site storage and inventory management for highly variable food stock and selections.
• Pantry shelving that allows for efficient client flow.
• Covered, secure food delivery area.
• Commercial cold storage.
• Staff office space.
• Classroom/conference space for volunteer trainings, client cooking classes and safe and board meetings.
Manna’s new home will significantly broaden and strengthen the food insecurity safety net for the vulnerable in our community. With a facility that is four times larger than our current space and offers vastly improved access, we will be able to:
• Double the frequency of food distribution to pantry clients from once to twice per month.
• Extend pantry distribution days and hours to accommodate clients who work.
• Serve more clients in the pantry at any given time.
• Reduce stress and support the dignity of our clients with shorter waiting times and an environment that is sensitive to their emotional as well as basic needs.
• Reach out to those who are unable to access the food pantry through mobile food distribution.
• Attract more volunteers and partners like the National Charity League and the Girl Scouts to support our vital work.