DEADLINE TO GIVE: Mar 24, 2017
The Hiking for Heroes campaign leads up to the American Red Cross of West Michigan’s annual Hometown Heroes Celebration held on April 13, 2017. Last year we raised $1,455 through Hiking for Heroes. This year our goal is $3,000! Donations help fund the disaster relief efforts of the American Red Cross in West Michigan.
Become a “hiker for heroes,” and get friends and family to sponsor you. Walk (or hike or run!) 10,000 steps each day for 10 days in a row between now and March 24th.
To become a hiker simply follow these steps:
- Register as an individual or join an existing team at www.crowdrise.com/HikingforHeroes2016
- Email your name, phone number and address to email@example.com to receive your hiker packet, which has helpful information on how to promote your hike so you can build awareness and raise funds.
- You will receive a pledge form in your packet, to track those who are making pledges to your hike. Note: Those who are pledging can easily donate online through the Crowdrise page.
- Tell your friends and family through word of mouth and social media by sharing your registered Crowdrise page (make sure to abide the Red Cross Social Media Sharing guidelines)
- Complete your 10 days of hiking
- Direct people to your Crowdrise page in order to raise funds
Supporters can also mail their checks payable to the American Red Cross of West Michigan to:
Attn: Eva Alexander
1050 Fuller AVE NE
Grand Rapids MI, 49503
Any Hiker that raises $150 or more will be invited to join the West Michigan American Red Cross Hometown Heroes Celebration on Thursday, April 13, 2017.
Individuals who donate at least $150 will be invited to join the West Michigan American Red Cross Hometown Heroes Celebration on Thursday, April 13, 2017. Deadline to donate is March 24th, 2017.
Hikers eligible to attend the Hometown Heroes Celebration, who RSVP and attend the event will be entered in a Giveaway to receive a $150 gift certificate to Gazelle Sports!
Address any questions to Eva Alexander at 616-456-8661 x8999 | via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org