BENEFITING: U S-UKRAINE FOUNDATION
I decided to start fundraising to help raise awareness and deliver support from people of America to the citizens of my home country, Ukraine. Ukrainians have been fighting for freedom since November 29th, 2013 when massive anti-government protests began on the streets of Kiev.
At this time, due to the recent clashes and protests in Ukraine, more than 100 people were killed by the government; thousands of protesters were seriously injured and desperately needed medical help. It breaks my heart that so many people had to give their lives in the fight for democratic future of Ukraine.
As a runner and an activist, I hope you could help me raise awareness and funds to help support the victims' families and the children who lost their parents. They need actions now.
I have run and volunteered at many events (from 5K to marathons and Spartan races). I have decided to run 26.2 races for the people of Ukraine (for those of you who don't know, a marathon distance is 26.2 miles). These are the races I've selected so far:
1) Savin Rock Half Marathon - West Haven, CT 3/22/2014
2) The Love Run Half Marathon - Philadelphia,PA 3/30/2014
3) Scotland Run 10K - New York City 4/5/2014
4) West Point Half Marathon 4/6/2014
5) Unite Half Marathon - Rutgers, NJ 4/13/2014
6) New Jersey Marathon - Long Branch,NJ 4/27/2014
7) North Face Endurance Challenge - Bear Mountain, NY 5/4/2014
8) UAE Healthy Kidney 10K - New York City 5/10/2014
9) The Wild Half - Wildwood, NJ 5/18/2014
10) Buffalo Marathon - Buffalo, NY 5/25/2014
11) Spartan Race - Tuxedo Park, NY 5/31/2014
12) Newburgh Half Marathon - Newburgh, NY 6/7/2014
13) Oakley Mini 10k - Central Park 6/14/2014
14) New Paltz Half Marathon - New Paltz, NY 6/15/2014
15) Fairfield Half Marathon - Fairfield, CT 6/22/2014
16) Spartan Race - Uncasville,CT 6/28/2014
17) Percy Sutton 5k - New York,NY 8/23/2014
18) Yonkers Half Marathon - Yonkers,NY 9/28/2014
19) Grete's Great Gallop Half Marathon - New York,NY 10/5/2014
20) Hartford Marathon - Hartford,CT 10/11/2014
21) NYC Marathon - New York City 11/2/2014
22) Philadelphia Marathon - Philadelphia,PA 11/23/2014
23) Ted Corbitt 15k - New York City 12/13/2014
24) Frozen Bonsai Half Marathon - New York City 12/14/2014
And more to come:)
Ukraine is still in crisis as we are facing military aggression from Russia, it's not too late to show that we care. My thoughts and prayers are with those suffering in Ukraine.Any amount donated is much appreciated. I'm really hopeful you can support this cause.