Please help support this amazing organization!!
As many of you already know, I am board member at HAVEN (a local crisis center in the seacoast of New Hampshire that serves victims of domestic and sexual violence). Many of you also know that I have made it my life's work to research interpersonal violence in an attempt to better prevent and respond to these types of crimes. Of all of the organizations that I have worked with related to interpersonal violence, I decided to be a board member on HAVEN because they provide some of the best services and programs that I have seen, including:
* 24 hour/7 day a week confidential hotline with a trained advocate.
* An excellent education program that works to prevent domestic and sexual violence with grades K-12. These programs are research-based, comprehensive, and have been evaluated with very positive results!
* The only shelter for women experiencing domestic violence in the seacoast area.
* Amazing support groups for survivors, including trauma-sensitive yoga which has been very successful.
* Support for family members and friends that know someone who has been victimized.
* And many, many more services.
Please help support this very deserving organization by donating to HAVEN for the NO MORE Challenge Crowdrise Competition! Organizations that raise the most money will be eligible to receive prizes totaling $150,000; help HAVEN be one of those organizations!