BENEFITING: GREEN SCHOOL BALI INC
ORGANIZER: GREEN SCHOOL BALI INC
EVENT DATE: Apr 21, 2017
GREEN SCHOOL BALI INC wrote -
Green School Bali - Change Maker Challenge
Your chance to activate a new generation of green leaders!
It’s game on for sustainable solutions and ridiculous rewards!
It’s not every day that you get the chance to support a new generation of young green leaders who are taking matters into their own hands and developing sustainable solutions now. Green School students are taking action - from school BioBuses that run on used cooking oil, to waste solutions, growing food and establishing renewable energy solutions, they are on it! Local Balinese and children from all corners of the globe have come together at Green School and they are mobilized and ready for more action, to create a better world for themselves and future generations. It’s up to us to give them the chance.
The students of the not-for-profit Green School, are sending a big shout-out your way to join forces with them and become the change makers the world needs.
We can help you make a difference in the world. Join us in raising $500K to fund Green School scholarships for Balinese children and to build a multi-purpose Community Innovation Hub that will deliver better waste management solutions and scale up youth activism activities locally and globally.
“…I have visited many different places and many schools but Green School is the most unique and impressive school I have ever visited." Ban Ki-Moon, former UN Secretary General.
We have a lot to do, and in partnership with you, we can do it. We are talking about serious, grassroots action, with seriously impressive impacts. Take a look at some of what we have achieved so far:
- 40 Green School scholarships to Indonesian students empowering them to be the change they want to see in their own country and beyond.
- Engaged 328 students from local Balinese partner schools in Language and Sustainability Learning.
- Established a waste management and recycling facility on a mission towards zero waste. Over 1 ton of trash each month is sorted, re-used or recycled - saving it from ending in the ocean and landfills.
- Waste management solutions rolled-out to six local schools in Bali, reaching over 4,000 students.
- Reduced 3.5 tons of CO2 emissions per month through the student-led BioBus transport service.
- Student activists represented the voice of youth at Climate Change Conferences (COP21, Paris and COP22 Morocco) and the Conference of Youth (COY11).
- Raised awareness of the waste crisis across Indonesia through a performing arts production, ‘Noble Material’, led by Indonesian students, for Indonesian students.
Let’s do even more, together! Every single donation will be used to support local children and waste-related educational and learning activities. We happily share all our creative sustainable solutions with the 100,000+ people who connect with Green School each year. With your donation we will:
- Build a Community and Waste Recycling Education Centre (Innovation Hub) - over 700 children will be able to incubate, investigate, implement and share even better waste management solutions. $100,000 of campaign money will allow us to build this and fling the doors open to students and their ideas.
- Expand waste management solutions - let’s turn even more trash into desirable treasures by expanding the current reuse-recycle program. Turning plastic waste into usable products and art, up-cycling fashion design using repurposed/used clothing, maker-space equipment to repair household items, plus more, can all happen with $50,000 of campaign money to kit-out the innovation lab with the right equipment.
- Activate young people through the arts: we know that performing arts is a powerful platform to educate and inspire youth movements to tackle real world problems. We can scale-up performances, such as ‘Noble Material’, take them on the road even more, promote activism and create kits for other schools to use with $50,000 of campaign money.
- Activate more local change makers within Indonesia: let’s give even more opportunities for Balinese children to access an international standard of education and be the change they want to see in their island, their country and the world. Indonesia faces some of the world’s biggest environmental problems and $300,000 of campaign money will fully fund the current 31 full-time Green School scholars enrolled and allow us to welcome 3 more scholarship students into the School.
Thank You Prizes
- The top individual of the campaign will be able to leave their legacy on the Community Center by having it named after them. Your legacy in beautiful bamboo.
The top will receive the choice of one of the following 3 gifts worth up to $5000:
1) Trip to Bali including airfare and accommodation for 3 nights at beautiful Bambu Indah,
2) Four nights at an exclusive eco-resort off island - eg. Nihiwatu Resort, Sumba
3) One semester of school fees at Green School
Rules for promotion
- Only donations that go officially through Crowdrise platform will be considered for the prize.
- Donations must be successfully processed to completion through CrowdRise and its third party payment processor(s) before the end of the Entry Period in order to count for the prizes. Green School has the right to verify any such donation, and any such donation that is subject to chargeback or dispute is not eligible.
- Prizes will be provided by Green School Bali, which may look for supporters that are willing to contribute to the prizes.
- The community innovation ub will only be constructed if through the Earth Day Challenge Green School is able to fundraise at least 400k US$. If this amount is not raised, the prize will not be valid.
- Community center naming applies to the individual donor that offers the highest total individual donation. In case there is a tie, a lottery will be conducted to determine the winner
- The prizes for the highest amount fundraiser are not transferable to other individuals and may not exceed the cap of USD$5k. Any additional costs related to the trip offered, or semester enrolment that go beyond U$5k, will be the responsibility of the fundraiser.
- If GS does not raise its 500k target, all the money that has been donated will be fully directed to GS programs described in the Storyboard, and will not be refunded.