kidsLINK Afterschool is a signature program of Greater Gallatin United Way. It was established in 1997 in response to an identified need in our rural communities; to keep children safe after school while their parents finished their work day. kidsLINK Afterschool is the largest afterschool program in the state and now operates in 29 school-based/linked locations across 4 counties and served 1,611 children daily with 3,436 enrolled during the 2015-16 school year.
kidsLINK is a fun, safe environment providing rich opportunities for learning, personal growth, and building relationships. Its success is the result of strong partnerships with schools, school districts, MSU, Gallatin County 4-H and other local organizations.
kidsLINK Afterschool Communities:
- Big Sky
- Big Timber
- Three Forks
- West Yellowstone
- White Sulphur Springs
kidsLINK Afterschool 6 Goals
- Ensure no child is home alone by providing quality, affordable out of school programming that supports and engages busy families
- Enhance student health by providing nutritious daily snacks and nutrition curriculum
- Strengthen student well-being by providing daily physical activity with a focus on lifelong fitness
- Promote student academic success by providing tutoring and homework support
- Develop student interest and passion for learning through enrichment activities
- Foster student mental and emotional well-being through quality staffing and ongoing professional development