EVENT DATE: Mar 29, 2015
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Mar 30, 2015
Girls on the Run-Chicago is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to inspire girls to be healthy and confident. Using a fun, experience-based after-school curriculum which creatively integrates running, the innovative program combines training for a 5k event with interactive lessons that encourage positive emotional, social, mental and physical development.
In 2015, GOTRC will serve more than 9,000 girls throughout Chicagoland. Of those 9,000 girls approximately 85% will receive financial assistance to participate in our after-school programming.
GOTRC strongly believes that every girl should have the opportunity to grow up strong, healthy and confident, which is why it is their promise to never turn away a girl from their program because of her inability to pay the program fee.
The SoleMates on Team Girls on the Run help GOTRC keep this promise to their girls because all funds raised by the team go to underwrite scholarships so that every girl has the chance to learn that she can do anything she sets her mind to.
This year, we are challenging ourselves to complete in triathlons, 5ks, 10ks, half marathons, marathons, and everything in between so that we can raise important scholarship funds for girls to participate in this life-changing program. Please help us reach our goal!
Every donation has a huge impact.
- $10 will cover the cost of one girl's healthy snacks for a season
- $15 covers the cost of 10 jump ropes for the GOTR curriculum bag
- $20 provides 5k finisher medals for one team of 15 girls
- $30 provides 190 bananas for the 5k finish line
- $59 will cover the cost of program t-shirts for 15 girls
- $78 will cover the cost of water bottles for 8 teams of 15 girls
- $144 will cover the cost for one girl to participate in GOTRC for one season
- $288 will cover the cost for one girl to participate in GOTRC for both the Spring and Fall seasons
- $352 will cover the cost of the average program scholarships from a team of 8 girls
- $1,152 will cover the cost for one team of 8 girls to partcipate for one season