EVENT DATE: Oct 11, 2015
Girls on the Run is an afterschool program for girls ages 8-14 that uses the power of running to inspire girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. The program combines training for a non-competitive 5k running event with interactive lessons that encourage positive social-emotional and physical development among participants. More than 85% of girls taking part in the program receive some sort of financial assistance to participate. Last year, our team raised funds to help more than TWO THOUSAND girls cross their first finish line. Run with us, and we’ll help you while you help them!
Whether it is your first marathon, second or 10th Team Girls on the Run will help you cross the finish while you help thousands of girls cross theirs…
All team members are asked to commit to raising a minimum of $300 or $600 if you already have an entry to the race through time or legacy qualification, and $1,000 if you need Girls on the Run to guarantee your entry. In exchange for that generous commitment, team members enjoy some outstanding benefits including free training, Girls on the Run to cover your entry fee (if using a guaranteed entry), free cheer shirts for friends and family, team gatherings, and much more.
As a team member for the marathon you will receive:
- Girls on the Run to cover your entry fee if using a guaranteed spot
- Free training with Chicago Endurance Sports, CARA, or virtual
- Free cheer squad shirts for your friends and family to wear on race day
- Ongoing fundraising support
- Team workshops and gatherings
- A Nike team running top
- A free Chicago Athletic Clubs membership to the first five team members to raise $2,000
- The opportunity to guest coach at a Girls on the Run program
- A pre-race pasta party at The Drake Hotel
- A private indoor race day “home base” with food, refreshments and INDOOOR BATHROOMS only blocks away from the start with Athletico onsite to provide pre- and post-race stretching
- Bi-monthly team raffles for gift cards, GOTR swag, and more!
- One of the most meaningful experiences of your life…
Ready to join? Click the 'Register' button!
Not sure if you're ready to run 26.2? Worried about the fundraising commitment? Got other questions? Email or call Team Captain, Cindy Nielsen!
Phone: 773-342-1250 ext. 23.