Jewish Big Brother Big Sisters of Los Angeles #GiveBig Campaign
Your gift to the #GiveBig campaign for Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles will provide children facing adversity with a Big Brother/Big Sister. You'll give them incredible experiences like attending their first football games or trying new foods. You'll give them a mentor whose sole job is to listen and focus on them. You'll give them an outlet to discuss their fears, challenges and hopes. These strong and enduring, professionally-supported, 1-to-1 relationships change their lives for the better, forever.
There is often a misconception that the need for mentors within the Jewish community is not as great. JBBBSLA serves Jewish children that come from a variety of life circumstances including; kids from single-parent families, kids of all socioeconomic backgrounds, kids with special needs, and kids struggling socially or emotionally. The kids’ needs are incredibly diverse, yet all crucial.
The JBBBSLA mentor program provides children with:
- Positive role models who help foster healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- Professional support to help enhance a child’s self-esteem and self-confidence
- The tools to build stronger relationships with parents, teachers, and peers
- Access to college guidance and scholarship opportunities
- Free activities throughout the year for our matches to experience new things together