Girls On Fire Leadership Camp
Organized by: Eileen Flannigan
EVENT DATE Dec 04, 2015
We are fundraising for the December 2015 Camp with a GOAL of raising $41K in 4 weeks!
Your support will ensure:
- 20 Girls On Fire are able to attend this camp.
- We travel to 4 different regions in Kenya and work with "impact partners", which are community organizations working in that region.
- We are planning to do 5-7 impact projects with these partners ranging from: developing a literacy curriculum with tribal girls, doing a school improvement project with Muslim girls, reading groups & art at an orphanage, learning around conservationsim through an orphan elephant project, and building a home for a pastorial family.
- We collaborate with local leaders and work alongside girls to develop sustainable projects that will benefit thier community.
- We will be doing Girls On Fire training with women leaders and girls who are yearning to have the guidance to shine.
- We are also creating a book (self-published) that the girls will be able to use on the camp and all year long.
- We are partnering with US camps to experiment on having a global exchange and peer mentorship programs.
There's so much more over at www.girlsonfireleaders.com
Our Mission Girls On Fire Leaders is providing early adolescent girls with personal and community leadership skills development through travel, service-learning, self-expression and global connectivity.
We are piloting this project with the most vulnerable girls in the Kenya, many of whom are victims of gender violence and poverty, in the largest slum in East Africa.
Girls On Fire Leaders is not yet a 501c3 but we hope to get it by the end of 2016. In the meantime, we have a fiscal sponspor and deep partnerships with other reputable non-profits working in the same region, with the same population.
Here's How You Can Help!
We need a total of $41,000 in 4 weeks to make this camp happen.
Details of expenses: www.girlsonfireleaders.com/camp
Please consider donating in the next 5 days (Fri, Nov.13) for your donation to double. That means double the impact! We have a supporter that is generously matching donations for a limited time to help kickstart this campaign and urge people to raise up to the challenge. We would be ever so grateful! We know we can do it!!
Oh, there's some INCREDIBLE PERKS when you donate, so check them out here: www.girlsonfireleaders.com/donate
THANK YOU, GIRL or GUY ON FIRE!
We aim to keep appreciating your generous spirit, while keeping you connected to the change happening in little villages all over Kenya and to the magic that has followed.
This is a direct to organizer fundraiser.