For over 70 years, we've taught girls in Memphis to be empowered, resilient and successful.
Using evidence-based programming in the classroom and in summer programs, our girls learn about living healthy, educated, and independent lives. In 2019, more than 1,000 girls ages 6 to 18 will get the Girls Inc. Experience and discover their passions, dreams, and importance. Because of Girls Inc., girls in Memphis embrace healthy living styles, graduate from school on time, pursue meaningful careers, and lead successful lives.
What is the Girls Inc. Experience?
- A pro-girl environment that is physically, socially, and emotionally safe.
- Trusting, mentoring relationships with trained adult staff and volunteers.
- Holistic, compensatory and intentional programming focused on girls' development, while providing them with exposure to a wide variety of experiences and options they might not have otherwise.
- Relevant, field-tested, and research-based education/enrichment curricula that is age-appropriate, hands-on, and ongoing.
- Motivating, deliberate, and interactive activities that develop and promote girls' self-esteem and strengths.
- Sustained exposure to programming and connection with a girl over time, to increase the positive impact outcomes and reduce the potential for negative ones for girls develop the education, personal assets and life skills they need to thrive.
Are you in her corner?
So many girls in today’s society hear “no,” and we are committed to showing these girls how to change these answers to a “yes!” By donating to Girls Inc., you change a no in a girls’ life into an lifechanging experience where she learns her value. You’re showing her that she can do anything she puts her mind to.