The Ghost Bike Project wrote -
Since 2005, volunteers with the New York City Ghost Bike Project / Street Memorial Project have installed street memorials for the cyclists and pedestrians killed on our streets. We seek to cultivate a compassionate and supportive community for survivors and friends of those lost and to initiate a change in culture that fosters mutual respect among all people who share the streets. In addition, the New York City Ghost Bike Project hosts and manages GhostBikes.org, the international hub for Ghost Bikes worldwide.
As an all-volunteer, unfunded project, we need your help to raise funds to be able to:
1. Construct and install 20 new Ghost Bikes in time for the 8th Annual Memorial Ride.
2. Host hundreds of bicyclists on the 8th Annual Memorial Ride, occurring on April 21st, in a series of rides beginning in each borough and visiting each Ghost Bike installed in the past year.
3. Purchase and screen-print 100 "Cyclist Killed Here" plaques to accompany each Ghost Bike we install.
4. Transport and secure Ghost Bikes across the five boroughs.
5. Rebuild and overhaul GhostBikes.org, a resource for the worldwide cycling community and the international hub for all Ghost Bikes.
We need to raise at least $5,000 to continue the work of the Ghost Bike Project.
The Ghost Bike Project is all-volunteer and 100% of your donation goes directly to these endeavors. Donation are directed through Transportation Alternatives, the fiscal conduit for the Ghost Bike Project.
Your support is critical to the future of this project. Thank you for making a donation.
Like us on Facebook.