WHAT DO THE FRIENDS of the SALMO PUBLIC LIBRARY SOCIETY DO?
What don’t we do? We organize fundraising and promotional events for our Library:
· four annual book sales (see Book Sales),
· spring book washing of our Library’s collection,
· monthly Teas on the last Friday of each month (except July and August),
· Soup and A Bun during the fall/winter months,
· raffle(s), and
· a Christmas Bake Sale – to name a few.
We are also known to pitch in when our Library is holding an event that requires additional support, anywhere from baking for events to keeping score during the annual Scrabble Tournament or lending a hand during children’s programs.
BOOK SALES – OUR MAJOR FUND-RAISERS
On Earth Day, July 1st, during the Fall Fair and toward the end of November, the Friends organize, set up and facilitate book sales. There are a wide variety of items for sale, including fiction and non-fiction for adults, young adults and children, magazines, audio books, videos and music. These can be purchased at our events or at our Library throughout the year.