EVENT DATE: Oct 15, 2016
DEADLINE TO GIVE: Oct 22, 2016
Who Are We?
Children don’t ask to be born. They come to life dependent on the grace and guidance of adults. So when parents are unable to care for their children and/or
provide a safe home, we must step in to help provide what they need, to set all children on a path toward healthy, productive lives, supported by community and
connected to others.
The Forever Home Run is an annual event that began in 2015 as a partnership between Lutheran Adoption Service and Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church to raise awareness and funding to support waiting children and their forever families. The event includes two races: a 5k through beautiful Bloomfield Hills complete with fall foliage and a 1k Dress-Up Dash! The 5k is professionally timed using chip technology by East Side Racing Company. There will also be children's activities and community vendors to share their information with you.
In 2015, the Forever Home Run raised $25,150.
This money is helping to:
- Provide therapy services to families once a child has been placed in their home for adopon
- Support families who have special financial needs associated with the adoption process
- Provide a monthly support groupfor LAS families as well as other adoptive families in the community
- Support unmatched children who have financial needs that prohibit them from experiencing normal activities and events
Did You Know?
Each Year in Michigan:
- 92,729 complaints are investigated by Child Protective Services
- 13,000 children are in foster care
- 3,000 children are waiting for their forever homes
- 300 children have no identified adoptive family
- 925 children age‐out of the foster care system
Come join us by registering here! We would also love to partner with you in fundraising, so click below to start your own Forever Home Run fundraiser. 100% of the money you raise will go directly toward programming for children and families. We would love to have you join our village!