The family Outreach Center for Understanding Special Needs, Inc. (FOCUS) is a nonprofit organiaztion located in Eagle River, AK. We have been serving our community since 1987. We take pride in being family centered, compassionate and respectful partners of people expereimcing intellectual and developmental disabilities. We offer dynamic servicies that span from birth to adulthood.
- Infant Learning Program (ages 0-3): Occupational, speech and physical therapy for infants who are not meeting developmental milestones. This service is provided in the home alongside the parents.
- Early Learning Preschool (ages 3-5): This high quality care environment provides a very small group setting (1:4) for children to learn and improve social emaitonal learning skills. This is a full-day, year round program.
- Pediatric Therapy Cl;inic (ages 2-18): This is an outpatient therapy clinic providing occupational, speech and physical therpay. We accept most major insurances and Medicaid.
- Applied Behvior Analysis (ages 8-11): An approach to communication delays and related behavior problems that uses a variety of science-based techniques to understand the problem behavior that children with autism experience. These services are provided in our facility or in the home.
- Developmental Disability Services (all ages): Individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities may qualify for a state Medicaid waiver which allows the recipient some services at no cost to the family. These services may include.
- Day habilitation in the community (1:1 or in a group) all ages
- In-home supports or supported living all ages
- After School Program for middle and high school students
- Summer camp for ages 6 – 20
- Support for elementary children after school in a variety of settings
- Intermittent respite for parents
- Adult Group home living