BENEFITING: FIGHTING PRETTY INC
EVENT DATE: Oct 01, 2014
Fighting Pretty is a nonprofit organization who's mission is to help women battling cancer feel strong and beautiful during and after cancer treatment.
Fighting Pretty Packages can be requested by a friend or loved one through our website, www.fightingpretty.org, for someone they know battling any type of cancer in hopes of providing them love, support, strength and inspiration - all packaged in a pink box that arrives at their door. We have sent 800+ Pretty Packages to women in 47 US states, plus Canada and New Zealand in a year and half. Our goal is to reach 1500 by the end of 2014! We need to send 600 MORE! Please support Fighting Pretty and help us fund the costs for the Pretty Packages today!
Fighting Pretty Packages are put together by hand, and contain all sorts of inspirational and beauty items such as:
- Mini Pink Boxing Gloves - these gloves are symbol of strength & hope. When founder, Kara Skaflestad received hers during chemo (from another survivor) she used them as a reminder to keep fighting and never give up. When she was feeling healthy and happy, she passed her pink boxing gloves onto someone else battling cancer. Now those gloves are on to the 5th woman! All woman "Fighting Pretty!"
- Makeup (Lipstick, eyeshadow, blush)
- Scar Cream (for those that have had surgery)
- Bright Colored Scarf (so you always have some color)
- Journal & Magnet (to write down your thoughts, inspirational moments, and unfortunately, doctor's appointments)
- Other fun items! (Hats? Sunglasses? Pretty Panties? And more...)
Please find it in your heart to support Fighting Pretty so we can all help these women through one of the most traumatic times of their lives, and help them get their sexy back! Support Fighting Pretty today!