The Family Planning Center of Ocean County, Inc. needs your support like never before!
In the 46 year history of the organization, our future has never been so threatened. There is serious talk in Washington regarding defunding Title X. Title X of the Public Health Service Act is the only federal program devoted specifically to supporting family planning services. Our role in the community has been an important one for the past 4 decades. As an Essential Community Provider we strive to meet the preventative reproductive health care and educational needs of our most vulnerable, at-risk low income women, men, adolescents and families. Whom are we helping…
* The vulnerable adolescents who rely on our educational services.
* The at-risk low income women in need of preventative reproductive health care including cancer screenings and affordable contraception.
* The responsible at-risk low income men in need of sexually transmitted infection testing, HIV testing and contraception.
* The woman diagnosed with HPV who has concerns regarding cervical cancer.
* The pre-menopausal woman diagnosed with breast cancer who needs guidance and support.
In 2014 there were 67 million U.S. women of reproductive age (13-44), more than half (38 million) were in need of contraceptive services and of the 38 million, 20 million women were in need of publicly funded services – services supported by Title X or Medicaid.*
Family Planning Centers specialize in high quality reproductive health services and staff generally spends more time with clients. Family Planning Centers with a reproductive health focus are particularly likely to place special emphasis on serving clients who may need extra assistance including teenagers, limited English proficiency and those facing complex medical, personal and economic issues.
Investing in publicly funded family planning improves health outcomes and saves the expenditure of public dollars in many other areas. An attack on Title X is an attack on the entire reproductive health care safety net network including the Family Planning Center of Ocean County, Inc.
Please lend your voice and your financial support to the Family Planning Center of Ocean County, Inc. today.