BENEFITING: Every Mother Counts
ORGANIZER: Every Mother Counts
Every Mother Counts wrote -
EVERY MOTHER COUNTS IS RUNNING THE 2013 ING NEW YORK CITY MARATHON IN SUPPORT OF MATERNAL HEALTH AROUND THE WORLD.
Hundreds of thousands of women die during pregnancy and childbirth each year. That's 800 women every day. The good news is that 90% of these deaths can be prevented. We have the tools and the know-how to save these mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, teachers, doctors, caregivers and community leaders—if we make it a priority.
Every Mother Counts is a campaign to end preventable deaths caused by pregnancy and childbirth around the world. Every Mother Counts informs, engages, and mobilizes new audiences to take action to improve the health and well-being of girls and women worldwide.
This year, join us in solidarity to run the 2013 ING New York City Marathon and continue raising awareness about this global tragedy. We've chosen to participate in the race because often distance is the biggest barrier to a woman and her family getting the care they need. We hope to not only increase awareness for the cause but to also make the vital connection for people that so many pregnant women live far from health services around the world and that distance does make a difference. Simply put, we want to run so that others don't have to...
And now, we're hoping you will lend your support no matter how big or small. Here are some ways you can get involved.
1. You can click on the DONATE button to contribute what you can on behalf of one of our Every Mother Counts Runners.
2. You can JOIN THE TEAM to become a fundraiser yourself and help us raise the much-needed funds and spread the word about this cause.
3. You can purchase an EMC t-shirt & gear from Oiselle.com and come out and cheer us on.
4. You can sign up on Charity Miles , a free app for your iphone or android that lets you earn 25¢ per mile for EMC whenever you run. It's a free, easy way to raise both money and awareness for EMC when we're training.
5. You can run with us in solidarity on November 3rd. Remember that any distance from 5k to 26.2 miles would be an amazing act of support of our mission. Every Mile Counts because Every Mother Counts.
Together, with your help and our miles, we can make pregnancy and childbirth safe for all moms.