BENEFITING: CHARLOTTE CHAMBER COMMUNITY FOUNDATION INC
EVENT: Leadership High Prom 2016
EVENT DATE: Jun 04, 2016
DONATE TO EMILY TO HELP HER WIN PROM QUEEN!!!
GO YELLOW!! Leadership Charlotte Class of 2007
Emily Lewis joined the Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners in 2006 as the Family Services Division Manager for the Human Services department with primary areas of responsibility including program administration and oversight of the County’s Community Services Block Grant, Low Income Home Energy Program, state mandated services, juvenile diversion programs and the Family Services Center. In 2015, Emily joined the team in County Administration as the Legislative Manager. In this role, Emily is responsible for developing the legislative program for the Board of County Commissioners and coordinating the County’s state and federal lobbying efforts.
Prior to joining Charlotte County, Ms. Lewis worked as a Human Resources executive for a Fortune 500 company and also as a Continuing Education Coordinator for Edison State College, now Florida Southwestern State College. It was her role in developing the college’s first post-baccalaureate program to provide teacher certification programs and working with the Florida Department of Education to ascertain the necessary approvals that inspired her love for public service.
Emily holds a Bachelor’s in Business Administration from the University of Florida and a Master’s in Public Administration from Hodges University. Emily has been recognized as one of Gulfshore Business Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 in Southwest Florida. She is currently an affiliate member of both ICMA and FCCMA and serves on FCCMA’s legislative committee. Additionally, Emily is a member of the Florida Association for Intergovernmental Relations.
Emily is an active member of her community, serving as a board member for Girls on the Run of Southwest Florida and volunteering with her church and other community organizations. She is a graduate and co-class president of Leadership Charlotte, class of 2007. Above all else, Emily considers her most important role to be that of wife to her husband Shawn and mother to their three children Cody, Hailey and Madison.
What: Leadership High Prom
The Leadership Charlotte Class of 2016 is hosting a prom-themed fundraising event to benefit the following organizations, all of which benefit the children of Charlotte County:
• Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida (benefiting the pediatric specialty clinic in Charlotte County): provides high quality care across a variety of specialties including oncology, neurology and hematology; allowing the children of Charlotte County to receive this care close to home.
• New Operation Cooper Street: located in the Trabue Woods neighborhood of Punta Gorda, NOCS serves Charlotte County youth by providing after school care, summer camps and educational opportunities.
• AMI Kids Crossroads: a non-profit home and charter school for foster boys who have had multiple failed placements in the Florida foster care system.
The event is open to the general public and Leadership Charlotte alumni are highly encouraged to attend and participate in the Leadership Alumni Prom Court contest.
When: Saturday June 4, 2016 6:00pm-10:00pm
Where: Charlotte County Fairgrounds
Ticket Price: $75 per person
• Crowning of the Leadership Alumni Prom Court
• Dinner with a Cash Bar
• Infinity DJs Playing Your Favorites from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and Today
• Silent Auction with Dozens of Items
• Wine Toss: Ring a bottle and Take it Home!
• Raffle Prizes Including a 50/50 Raffle
To purchase tickets, visit: www.leadershipcharlotte.net
For more information, contact one of the following event co-chairs:
Sean Doherty: 941-258-2491 or email@example.com
Jennifer Beane: 941-916-1813 or Jennifer@presleybeane.com