Drew's Cross-Country Bike Ride for Students with Autism
Organized by: Drew Feltes
- I'll be riding my bicycle from California to New Hampshire and am raising money for the school where I work with children who are on the autism spectrum.
- "The Academy for Precision Learning is a K-12 school that provides a nurturing, inclusive, and individualized learning experience for neurodiverse students. APL offers targeted opportunities that promote the academic achievement and social development of students who benefit from a smaller, supportive learning environment. Students are engaged in developmentally appropriate, data-informed, individualized experiences that put them on a path to achieving their greatest potential. APL meets our students where they are at, supporting each student to build on their unique strengths to become a curious and engaged life-long learner who celebrates diversity, practices self-advocacy, and generates impact in their community." www.APLSchool.org
- My name is Drew Feltes and I've had the privilege to work as a para-educator at the APL for the past 4 years. My experiences there, working with children on the autism spectrum, are moments that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. My students, their parents and siblings, and my coworkers, are some of the most inspirational people I've ever met. I love what I do and feel blessed to be a part of the APL family.
- I also have a great love for riding my bicycle. Last summer I combined the 2 passions of mine, riding in the Cascade Bicycle Club's Group Health Seattle to Portland Ride and raising $3,300 for the APL. Even though I was very pleased with the outcome of my fundraising project, I immediately set my sights on doing a longer ride and raising more money in 2016. Well, I've chosen just about the longest ride I could find but now it's up to you to help me raise more money than last year!
- Please feel free to check out www.APLSchool.Org for more insight into who your donation will be helping! Thanks! Drew Feltes