Breast Milk: the perfect food
December 07, 2016
The New York Milk Bank Inc wrote -
The New York Milk Bank is the first and only milk bank in New York State. Our mission is to get children off to the best possible start and save the lives of premature infants by providing them with safely pasteurized donor breast milk when their own mothers’ milk is insufficient.
- There are 23 milk banks across the country, but until now there was none in New York.
- Human milk is designed by Mother Nature to be the perfect food for infants.
- Mothers of premature infants often make very little milk because of their significantly shortened pregnancies.
- Depriving babies of this most essential of nutrients at this most fragile stage of life can have devastating consequences.
- There is a simple and astoundingly economical solution to this problem.
- Feed these babies milk donated by other mothers who are capable of producing more than enough for their own child and for other infants who desperately need it.
The New York Milk Bank opened this past summer and we are overwhelmed with the response we received - we need to expand. That is why we are on Crowdrise.
Please donate to our campaign and help us to provide donor milk to all babies in need!
Please give so that babies can live!