Dodge for Kids' Cancer
EVENT DATE: May 02, 2015
Dodge & Duck & Dip & Dive & Dodge. For Kids' Cancer Tournament held at Westminster School
Teams of kids will dodge and dip and dive and duck and dodge to raise money to support pediatric cancer research and Shred Kids Cancer http://www.shredkidscancer.org/
Shred Kids Cancer is a 501c3 non profit organization started by a kid and made up of kids showing their peers who are battling that they are here for them and helping with their battle.
Pediatric Cancer Facts: Did you know?
- Unlike adult cancers, there is no known cause for pediatric cancer.
- More than a classroom of kids is diagnosed with cancer every day.
- Seven children die of pediatric cancer each day in the US.
- There has only been 3 new kids cancer drug approved by the FDA in the last 20 years.
- Incidence of invasive pediatric cancer is up 29% in the past 20 years. Kids are forced to use antiquated adult cancer treatments but many times they do not fit.
- The average death of a child cancer patient is 8 which means they lose 69 life years.
- The largest funding for kids cancer research comes from the Government and it represents only 4% of what is provided to adult cancer research.
- For every dollar that funds cancer research only 1 cent goes to kids cancer research.
It's up to us to change this! Shred Kids Cancer is made up of volunteers. 100% of money raised will go directly to pediatric cancer research specifically clinical trials that treat kids currently battling cancer. Your donation is 100% tax deductible to the extent of the law.