Detroit Horse Power Update 2/18/16
February 18, 2016
BENEFITING: Detroit Horse Power
Detroit Horse Power empowers urban youth by teaching them to ride and care for horses. In 2015, we launched with two 5-day summer camps that served 18 kids. Your gift today will help us expand our impact to reach even more children this coming summer!
Thanks to your support, all kids participate free of charge.
- $30 gives a day of camp for one child
- $150 pays for a child to attend a full week of camp
- $1,500 covers the full cost for all 10 participants
This can be a life-changing opportunity for kids in Detroit, who otherwise would not have access to this powerful experience. Some words from our past participants...
- "Horses taught me that you always have to believe in yourself."
- "I'm thinking of becoming a vet because I like taking care of big animals. To get there it will take lots of knowledge about horses and a caring mind."
- "It feels great to ride because you feel tall and like you're flying."
Thank you for believing in us and our kids! Detroit Horse Power is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and all donations made by December 31 are 100% tax-deductible for the current tax year. If you are eligible to have your gift matched, please use our EIN number: 47-3212490.
We deeply appreicate your support for Detroit Horse Power!