Thanks for your help with Wilderness Torah (and Happy New Year!)
December 31, 2016
For six years, I've been on the Board of this wonderful non-profit called Wilderness Torah. I serve as Treasurer because I want to help this group of committed, conscious people build community, connect with nature and make ancient spiritual teachings accessible to everyone. As Treasurer, I also know how careful and committed the leaders and staff are with the funds we raise. Every dollar goes to creating amazing Earth-based Jewish experiences for adults and children. A small contribution goes a long way, so I encourage anyone who feels a spirtual connection to nature to make a donation.
Wilderness Torah reconnects Judaism to nature. Since 2007, Wilderness Torah has served 10,000 participants of all ages and backgrounds with award-winning programs:
- Multi-generational holiday retreats in nature like Passover in the Desert and Sukkot on the Farm
- Ground-breaking K-12, mentorship-based Jewish education, all outdoors
- Young adult leadership journey to empower people to create their own Jewish experiences
- Uplifting, musical Kabbalat Shabbat services on a farm
- Teaching in national and international venues
- And, in response to demand, an international Training Institute that trains people around the world in our innovative models!
Crowdrise offers Wilderness Torah community members the chance to share their love and support with a much wider community. In November, together we’re raising $25k for this great organization.
Why are we fundraising? Because Wilderness Torah creates incredible experiences that powerfully reconnect Jewish ritual to the land and build community - ancient wisdom that offers much for our disconnected, 21st century culture, and has had a big impact on our lives!
Your donation directly goes to keep program fees affordable, especially for young adults, lower-income families and elders. Wilderness Torah raises 70% of their budget through fundraising each year.
Please give a donation to support this work today. Thank you!