NYC FOUNDATION FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE EDUCATION wrote -
The New York City Foundation for Computer Science Education (CSNYC) is a nonprofit organization launched in 2013 to ensure that all NYC public school children have access to computer science education that will put them on a pathway to academic success and a 21st century career.
This holiday season, we are asking for your support of our partner schools, the Academy for Software Engineering (AFSE) and the Bronx Academy for Software Engineering (BASE). These schools are serving a combined 600+ students in 9th, 10th and 11th grade. The amazing students, top notch educators and school leadership will all benefit from your donation!
You decide where your contribution goes. Every littble gift helps, so feel free to enter your own amount.
To thank you, we'd like to invite 5 awesome donors to join us for our holiday party to meet the team, board, and grantees. If you donate $5k and up, you are guaranteed a spot!
Afterschool Programs + Weekend
- $50 supports 2 AFSE students w/ snacks and refreshments two Saturdays a month from Jan-June 2015
- $200 supports 10 BASE students as they travel to off-site programs and internships
- $2,500 supports snacks and refreshments for 125 AFSE Students two Saturdays a month from January 2015 - June 2015
- $5,000 supports BASE’s 240 students as they travel to off-site programs and internships
- $150 supports a Student:Mentor pair for a year
- $18,750 supports an entire grade for a year
- $37,500 supports 230 Student:Mentor pairs for grades 9 and 10 at BASE
- $56,250 supports 350 Student:Mentor pairs for grades 9-11 at AFSE
Innovation & Technology
- $500 supports prizes for school-wide hackathon at AFSE
- $1,500 supports a class set of Finch Robots for AFSE or BASE
- $10,000 supports the development of a Makerspace at BASE
- $12,000 Supports a School-wide Design Challenge with 9th and 10th graders at BASE
- $25,000 supports the purchase of 3-D Printing, Robotics, and Design Equipment at AFSE
Top Notch Educators
- $2,500 provides support for Teacher Appreciation incentives at AFSE and BASE
- $15,000 supports 1 AFSE teacher to attend a 12-week session of programming classes such as Objective C and iOS Development or Web Immersive (Ruby) at The Flatiron School
- $15,000 provides a summer stipend to 1 AFSE and 1 BASE teacher to pursue research or work-related travel in Summer 2015