Picture the excitement of a child on their first canoe trip or backpacking adventure. And join us as we provide New York City youth from underserved communities with the opportunity to explore nature, build leadership skills, and create positive relationships with others & themselves!
- Develop creative thinking & problem solving skills as they work together to prepare for multi-day wilderness expeditions
- Build environmental awareness as they learn about ecology, conservation, and Leave No Trace ethics
- Become active citizen scientists as they test water quality, monitor aquatic life, maintain park trails, and eradicate invasive species in their communities
- Make academic strides as ecology comes alive in the classroom with our environmental educators & science curriculum
Be part of the Christodora team and legacy and support over 3,000 NYC youth who currently benefit from our year-round programs. All fundraising proceeds will provide scholarships to inspire youth to achieve self-actualization through nature, develop teamwork skills through challenging & rewarding outdoor adventures, and recognize their role in protecting and preserving the environment.
Ways to support:
- Donate directly to our cause by clicking the blue “Donate to This Fundraiser” button
- Join our fundraising team by clicking the green “Fundraise for this Campaign” button"
- Run in the NYC Half-Marathon for Team Christodora by emailing Judith Rivkin at firstname.lastname@example.org and visiting http://www.christodora.org/nyrr for more details
For more inspiration, see our website! http://www.christodora.org.