Chicot Challenge IV
EVENT DATE: Jun 07, 2015
On June 6, 2015, Zane Hodge, a 59 year-old teacher, will attempt a 19-mile solo swim from Ditch Bayou at South Shore Cottages to the Lake Chicot State Park, Arkansas.protected and accompanied by a crew to raise awareness of diabetes and funds for The Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi.
Have Fun and Help the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi help your fellow Mississippians!
We need YOU!
- To provide support to those living with diabetes
- To help fund diabetes alert dogs to Mississippi children
- To support educational programs for the general public, patients & health care providers
- To provide life saving medical supplies and medicines to needy Mississippians
- To offer necessary training for school nurses, teachers & day care staff across our state.
- To Support Camp Kandu, a bi-annual camp for families of children with diabetes
- To help fund continuous glucose monitors (cgm) for those with hypoglycemia unawareness
Follow Zane Hodge's blog, EndangeredSwimmer.blogspot.com to stay informed of his training and any changes in plans.
On swim day, his crew will post real-time updates on his Facebook page.