Camp Out Homelessness
EVENT DATE: Aug 02, 2015
24-hour camp-a-thon to raise money for our homeless population. Teams gather donations, camp out, and bring awareness to a worthy cause. Helping Others Sleep Tonight offers transitional housing and a hand up to those looking to change their lives.
Here's how it works:
- Teams compete to raise money for HOST.
- Each team may include up to 10 members.
- Each team designates a team leader.
- Entry into the Camp Out is free.
- Campsites will be first come, first served. Register early to pick the best spot.
- Check-in begins at 8:00 AM Saturday August 1, 2015 and the fun kicks off at 10:00 AM
- HOST will provide breakfast of donuts, fruit, coffee, and juice.
- BBQ Dinner from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Tickets are $6.00. BBQ is OPEN TO PUBLIC.
- Each team is responsible for creating a team name and decorating their campsite.
- During the event, each team can continue to raise money from their campsite with additional fundraising. (Example: Bake Sale, Contests, Face Painting)
- Get creative! If you need suggestions, let us know.
- Fundraising ends at exactly 8:00 AM Sunday, August 2, 2015.
- Winners announced at 10:00 AM, Sunday August 2, 2015. Teams need not be present to win.
- IN ADDITION TO THESE TWO PRIZES BELOW….. HOST may come up with other ways to win awesome prizes. It’ll be a surprise for now.
- There are two prizes (GOOD ONES) for teams to compete for this year:
Most Money Raised as a Team
Best Campsite Theme (Voted by other campers and community)
- Each participant will have individual donation forms and collect money from sponsors. Here are incentives:
Raise $25.00 --- FREE T-Shirt
Raise $35.00 --- FREE T-Shirt and BBQ Dinner Ticket
Raise $100 --- 5 FREE Tickets for Raffle Prizes, BBQ Dinner Ticket, and T-Shirt
Raise $200 --- ALL OF THE ABOVE PLUS 15 FREE Raffle tickets.
- This event is for all-ages. An adult must accompany children under the age of eighteen.
- Church services will begin at 10:00 AM Sunday morning for those who are interested.
- Live music and other entertainment will be happening around the clock.
- Make sure to invite everyone. A community event is a lot of fun for everyone.