BENEFITING: YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
ORGANIZER: YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
EVENT: Boll Family YMCA
EVENT DATE: Jun 30, 2016
YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit wrote -
“ I want to thank the Y for granting my son Ari a scholarship for the Summer Day Camp. Ari is on the Autism Spectrum. He was provided with a wonderful facilitator who recently graduated with her degree in speech language pathology. This young lady enhanced my son’s experience by encouraging him to use his voice, make new friends, and be outgoing. My son looked forward to attending camp every day and I looked forward to him going so that he could be with his friends. I’ve very grateful to the YMCA for providing such wonderful care and for the generosity shown to my family.”
We’re raising money for Detroit kids to attend summer day camp because we believe that with support all children have the potential to reach great heights. Stories like Camille’s and her families are only made possible by generous donations from our supporters in the community. Many working families in Detroit cannot afford summertime childcare, and as a result children are unsupervised, spend more time in front of the TV, and experience summer learning loss. Summer day camp keeps children off the streets and in productive learning environments.
Can you help Detroit kids unlock their full potential through the power of Summer Day Camp?
- $25 - provides support for 1 day of summer camp
- $75 - provides support for 3 days of summer camp
- $125 - provide support for 1 week of day camp for a Detroit child
- $250 - provides support for 2 weeks of day camp for a Detroit child
- $500 - provides a field trip and transportation for 50 campers
- $1,000 - provides a full summer of day camp experiences for 1 camper