Family & Friends - I've been a proud supporter and board member of Ventures for the past 4 years, and I am excited to share more with you about Ventures' mission and results. Ventures is able to impact over 750 people each year to provide training and support as these entrepreneurs from low-income situations look to start or build their business. 70% of our clients are women and nearly two-thirds are minorities. Ventures clients have an impressive track record of pulling themselves out of poverty after entering the program and creating a sustainable source of income for their families. We need your support to continue these programs that empower local entrepreneurs.
I'm able to spend time coaching 6 - 10 of our clients each year. I continue to be amazed by the passion and focus displayed by our clients who are intent on improving their businesses. I invite you to join the Ventures support system and help these budding entrepreneurs access the resources they need to start, grow, and sustain their businesses.
Thank you for the support!
Pitch in to empower local entrepreneurs to move out of poverty through small business ownership. Our goal is to raise $20,000 to triple the amount of customized business coaching we provide this year for individuals with limited resources and unlimited potential.
Ventures provides robust business training, coaching, microlending, and more to equip low-income individuals in our community to launch and grow micro-businesses. Our most impactful service is the customized one-on-one coaching we provide to help clients identify and overcome barriers to business success. Our staff are more than just coaches: they are teachers, mentors, counselors, and business consultants. They help clients implement lessons learned in Ventures training courses to create successful marketing, sales, and financial plans so they can grow their businesses. Coaches also teach soft skills like confidence and goal-setting, and provide invaluable moral support to help clients achieve their dreams.
Our ultimate goal: empower clients to increase their incomes and achieve long-term financial stability. You can help us achieve this in 2017. Pitch in to promote a just, inclusive, and empowering society where everyone has access to the American dream of small business ownership. Pitch in to equip local entrepreneurs with the tools they need to move out of poverty. Donate today.
- Ventures serves about 800 low income individuals each year. About 3/4 are from underserved communities such as women, people of color, or immigrants and refugees.
- The typical Ventures business is a microenterprise (fewer than five employees), young (less than three years of activity), and has low start-up capital needs (under $35,000)
- The average Ventures client supports a family on $23,000 a year when they first enter our program
- Within two years of arriving at our door, 63% of clients move out of poverty
- The two-year survival rate for businesses served by Ventures is 83%, compared to the national average of 80% for businesses of all income levels
- After two years, 22% of businesses have paid employees
- 90% of Ventures clients say the skills and confidence they gained from Ventures’ training helped them succeed in their current job.
- The repayment rate on our collateral-free microloans is 98%